I apologize for this post, because it will certainly not be very interesting to you, but I do feel the need to write it ! Last Thursday the parliement voted a new french law called HADOPI, and this law sux
To summarize the thing : this law says that private firms will have the right to track down french people who illegally download musics and films, those firms will have the right to demand the name behind any IP address which they suspect of illegal download (as long as it's a French IP, don't worry foreign friends ). Then, those private firms will have the right to send a warning e-mail to the concerned person. If this person's caught again it's a paper letter that is sent, and if they are caught again they have their internet access shut down for a year (or so)...Yes, it is fucking stupid.
- Cracking a WEP protected wifi network can be done by my 7 months old nephew...hard luck for his neighbors, they might have their internet connection doomed by the law (and let's not even talk about open wifi networks...)
- To track down p2p traffic the firms providing internet connection will have to invest in their infrastructure for better performances, therefore they'll raise their prices (yeahh, I love the idea of paying more for my internet connection in order to finance this whole shit)
- What will they do if we just crypt our downloads ?...maybe some magic trick I guess...or maybe they are just to damn stupid for having thought about ir !
- How the hell will they track down non-p2p download ? Oh yeah : either they can't, or they'll ask for the listing of every website we visit...man we're not China for god sake !
- In France it is legal to make a private backup of any film or music you legally buy. But how will they know, seeing me downloading a song, if I have legally bought the CD or not ? Because if I have bought it, it's legal for me to download a backup of it you know...Answer : they don't give a shit about it, we will now be presumed guilty (nice isn't it ?)
And do you know the more frustrating about all this ? The thing that really pisses me off ? It's that the population knows, since the beginning, that this law is a piece of shit, and there've been demonstrations, petitions, and associations created just to denounce it...but the big firms who want this law to pass were stronger (well, at least they pay more) so this law was finally voted at the parliement.....at 11pm, by the 16 deputies which were not in there bed at that time (they are supposed to be more than 500 in this parliement !!!...They just were not warned that the vote was planned this day by the government..... at 11pm......bastards !)
Well, it's time for me to apologise for this borring article...but I really needed to write it down It cools me down ^^ ...Time to go to bed now (I hope they'll not vote allegiance to Russia while I'm in bed )